Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall has fallen.

Hey y'all!

Labor Day has come and gone, and I'm back to work.
However, I have my vacation coming up in 9 short days, which is VERY exciting.
More on that later!!

Let's see.....Jim and I met up with our friends C & J on Friday night for dinner. They own a hair salon in the next town over, so we met them there. They recently relocated, so this was our first time seeing the new place. We never actually saw the old place, but that's not important.
The new salon is amazing...it's SO pretty and they did a really great job decorating. Jim and I decided that we need them to come over and help us decorate our house. :-) While we were waiting for the massage therapist to finish up with her last massage of the day (she was joining us for dinner) we had a cocktail. Once she was done, she joined us for a drink (or two?) and then we headed off to dinner. We were going 'cheap' - so we went to the local Chili's, but still had a lot of fun....and a lot of yummy food. After dinner, we said our goodbyes and headed home.

On Saturday, Jim and I got up, hung around for a bit and headed to the mall....which I hadn't been to in soooooo long. We were going there to look for a suit for Jim, and to buy his mom a birthday present (today's her birthday.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYANN!!!!).
We had NO luck finding Jim a suit, but we did get his mom and nice birthday gift...and I got myself 3 CDs.
I was very excited. FYE is having a CD sale, so I took full advantage. Since most people have apparently stopped buying CDs and are now mostly downloading music, it would seem that the demand for CDs is fading. I'm not at all anywhere near that advanced (I don't even own an iPod) so I was thrilled to see that they were selling CDs for $9.99 or less. I ended up buying 3 CDs for $31.80. Without the sale, they would have cost me $63.57!!!! Sweet.

I know you're dying to know what I bought, so I'll tell you. The Original Cast Recordings of 'Spring Awakening', and the current revival recordings of 'West Side Story' and 'Hair'.
I'm very excited....and I'm sure you're shocked that I bought something Broadway related.

Anyhoo....after our shopping extravaganza, we headed to our friend Kevin's house for a BBQ, which was very fun. It was a nice mix of people, some I knew, some I didn't - so, I got to meet some new people and have fun with some of the old gang. After the BBQ died down, a few of us headed into Boston and went to The Alley for 'Bear 411' night. It was fairly crowded and quite fun. Since I'm a huge fan of 'people watching', it was a really good time. There was a lot to watch. :-)

Sunday morning, Jim and I slept in (P.S. - we haven't been to church in WEEKS) and then spent the day down the Cape with Jim's family. A few of his mother's cousins and their families were up visiting, so it was kind of a mini-family reunion. It was quite fun...but a little bit tiring. That may have been due to our previous night's activities, but either way, we left the Cape around 4, came home, ate dinner, lounged on the couch and went to bed early.

Monday morning we got up, cleaned the entire house, threw in some laundry, Jim mowed the lawn, we went grocery shopping and by the time we were done with all that, it was dinner time. After dinner, we went over to C & J's house to sit around their fire pit and have a few drinks.
After seeing the salon and their house, we are DEFINITELY having them over to help us decorate our house. They clearly have an 'eye' for it and Jim and I don't.

It was fun chatting with them, hearing all about their adoption experiences (they have 3 year old twins, a boy and a girl) and getting the inside scoop on parenting from their perspective. At this point, any and all advice is greatly appreciated. We're always willing to learn from other people's mistakes!!!! :-)

I hope you all had a great weekend as well....now, get to work!!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

RG said...

What is the "church" you speak of?