Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Woof.

Happy Tuesday!!!

Not too much has happened since I last wrote, but things are going well!!  :-)

I'm feeling a lot better, and even though I'm still not 100% - I'm getting there.  I have a feeling that things will greatly improve once I'm off these crazy-strong antibiotics and I'll start feeling like myself again.
That, and I'll finally be able to have a beer.  One of the antibiotics I'm on is one that will make me violently ill if I consume any alcohol while on it so I've been 'dry' since the last week in June!!!  The doctors and pharmacists even warned me about 'hidden' alcohol in mouthwash, cough syrups, etc. - so clearly they ain't foolin'.  I don't want you to think that I'm someone who drinks all the time, but to be honest there have been a few times I would have LOVED a cold beer, especially over the Fourth of July weekend, or at the various BBQs I've attended recently - but I resisted.  Clearly, it's not worth getting sick over.

Anyway....things have been fairly quiet around here.  Work is a world of uncertainty, and no one (upper management) has done a thing to make any of us feel better, so we're all just plugging along waiting for the next shoe to drop.  It's irritating, but it's nice to know that we're all feeling the same way.  Misery does indeed like company. 

I've only had one softball game in the past weeks, and it was a GREAT game (played on Saturday afternoon) against a division one team.  We lost by 1 run, and really had them scared for most of the game.  I was a little nervous about playing again, since I wasn't feeling 100%, but I ended up going three for three and having a very good game!

On Sunday, Jim , Zachary, and I spend the day by the pool with K, B, and {b}.  It was a GORGEOUS day, and since Z is finally old enough for sunblock, he took his first 'swim'.  Jim was in HEAVEN and Zach seemed to be loving the water as well....I have a feeling he'll be in there a lot more often now.  :-)

Yesterday, Jim and I took Z to P-Town for the day.  We haven't been there in over a year and we haven't been there since becoming Dads, so it was a day of 'firsts'. We figured that bringing him during Bear Week would be fun....and it really was.  The weather was BEAUTIFUL, the people-watching was so much fun - as it always is...just with a lot more hair ;-) and we're planning on making another trip down there in August.  We did some shopping, lots of walking around, and we had a great lunch at Bayside Betsy's.  That also happens to be the restaurant which sponsors my softball team.  If you're in P-Town and want a great place to eat - go!  
My teammates made a 'Bayside Betsy's Brawlers' t-shirt for Zachary, which he wore yesterday, and Betsy was THRILLED to see Z wearing it. 
All in all, it was a great day. 

Now I'm back to work and counting down the days until Friday.  Is that bad???? 

I hope you're all doing well.....xoxo

No comments: