Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's a hard-knock life!

Woe is me. 
Being the working dad is wicked hahhhhd. 
It's hard enough leaving the house each day knowing that Jim, Zachary, and Scooter get to spend the day together, but it makes things just a little bit worse (OK, a LOT worse) because I can't stand my job.

I know, I know.....you're probably all sick of hearing me complain about it and you're probably thinking "If you don't like it only you can change it....stop complaining and DO something about it, blah, blah, blah." Believe me I'm trying.  I've been actively searching for jobs, but it's not easy. 

First of all, I really can't spend a lot of time looking during the day, for obvious reasons.....I'm at work!! :-)
Secondly, I don't want to come home from work and spend all my time sitting in front of the computer when I should be spending time with my family.
Third of all, it's incredibly discouraging.  I've sent out several resumes and applied for a number of jobs and haven't heard ONE peep from anyone.  And I'm not counting the automatic email replies I get once I apply: "Thanks for applying.  We will review your application, and if we think you're a good candidate for the position, someone will be in touch."  I miss the days of walking into a place and applying for a job.  ;-)
I have a list of more places I want to apply, but I just need to find the time to sit down and do it.

In the meantime, I'll try and stay positive in spite of the misery I'm surrounded by each day.

Sorry for the negativity - but I'm just trying to vent a little.  :-)

PS - It's clearly summer.  All I hear at work is the disgusting sound of flip-flops slapping up against sweaty feet throughout the office, and it's making me sick. 

5 comments:

Breenlantern said...

Is it true? Dare I believe? Have I finally found a kindred soul who loathes flip flops the way I do? The sound of them makes my neck hairs stand up and every time I see them ( on everyone, everywhere, even at work, weddings and restaurants) I want to scream "THOSE ARE NOT SHOES! THEY ARE BACTERIA BARRIERS FOR SHOWERING!PUT SOME DAMN SHOES ON BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE NEXT TIME OR STAY HOME!"

Sorry....I may have a slight...dislike...for this horrible footwear fad!

Good luck with the job search. I know the misery of being stuck at a job you hate!

Nik_TheGreek said...

I'm in a similar position. I'm trying to find a new job, but it's so not easy. The times are not the best to do so...
I was speaking to an agent earlier. They are so obnoxious some of them...

Ron said...

Vent all you want to. I do it all the time. It's good to let that steam off.

Kerry said...

You are hysterical. It's the sign of summer for me - your flip flop complaints!

Ur-spo said...

It is a common problem; I hear it all week long, someone 'caught' in a job that gives them misery.

Sir Winston Churchill said when you are in hell you keep going, and eventually you realize you are out of it.
Good advice, that.