Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter and stuff...

Hello all!!

It's Wednesday, and time for me to blog. We had a very fun weekend in spite of the fact that Saturday was a grey and rainy day, and I had to attend a wake. Boo.

Even though it was a sad occasion, it was great to see a few old friends who I haven't seen in a VERY long time. We had the typical "It's so great to see you, but sorry it's under such awful circumstances!!" conversation, which feels kind of cliche at this point, but it IS true! It's been so long since I've seen them in person (facebook does help a bit) and had the chance to talk to them. We shared lots of great memories about Marian and all the great times we had together.

She will certainly be missed by many.

On a happier note - Friday night was very fun! We got together with K, B, and {b} for dinner and Zachary's three month photo shoot. Dinner and dessert were ridiculously delicious and we had a blast hanging out with them and catching up, as we always do.

Sorry, we still can't post any pictures publicly of the little guy, but let me say that B did an AMAZING job with the pictures...and (hopefully!) you'll be seeing some 'real' pictures of him soon. Fingers crossed!!

Easter was quite fun...we all got spoiled by the Easter Bunny and had a nice day - beginning with a very nice Easter service at church, followed by dinner at my sister's house, and then we ended the day at Jim's sister's with all of his family.
It was lots of fun - and a GORGEOUS day.

Work is well......work.

I'm still actively searching for something else to do, which has been kind of interesting, but I still haven't found anything, so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Here are some pictures to keep you all happy. :-)

These are the 'cupcakes' (they were GIANT - and SO good) that K made for our dessert on Friday night.





Scooter - 'patiently' waiting to attack his Easter basket





Posing with his new chick...





Enjoying the lovely Spring weather. :-)



4 comments:

Cubby said...

The forsythia looks terrific, as do the cupcakes! Glad you had a good holiday.

Nik_TheGreek said...

I love the pictures.
The cupcakes look amazing...

Blobby said...

I'm sorry, but could that dog BE any cuter? :)

I'm in love w/Scooter.

Ur-spo said...

Scooter is as cute as a button.