Friday, September 2, 2011

Holiday Weekend!!


Well, I survived my jaunt into the Boston office yesterday!  I ended up parking at one of our other offices which is right next to a subway stop, so I was able to park for free and only had to pay for subway fare - as opposed to taking the commuter rail, which is considerably more expensive than the subway.
It all worked out fine.

I haven't taken the subway since I stopped working in Boston, in June of 2009 - and I was amazed at the number of people I saw on the train who I used to see way back when I was a 'regular' commuter.  They were sitting in the same places, doing the same things they always did (listening to their iPods, reading the paper, etc.).  It was as if I'd stepped back in time....it was pretty odd. 



My meeting went well, I got a LOT of information thrown at me, but best of all, I got to spend time and visit with my old co-workers!! I was surprised to see how many people from the 'old' company were still working in that building.  For some reason, I expected to be surrounded by a building full of strangers, but that wasn't the case.  It made me a little sad thinking about how things used to be, and how much things have changed with my job in the past 3 years.  Don't worry I'm not going to turn this into yet another rant about how I feel about my job.  Enough of that for this week!!

It's Labor Day Weekend, which means that my building is pretty much deserted.  Fridays are usually quiet around here as it is, but when it's a holiday weekend - forget about it.  It's like a post-Apocalyptical village around here....and I'm the sole survivor.
Jim and I are getting together with a couple of my college friends over the weekend, although which day is still up in the air.  Neither Saturday or Sunday look all that great as far as the weather is concerned, so we're trying to figure out which day would the best of the two...we shall see!

I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!
I'm off to write some critical test cases and continue my work on a FABULOUS test strategy that I'm writing.
Jealous?!?!?!?  You should be.  ;-)
xoxo


2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Happy Labor Day weekend to you too!

RG said...

Enjoy the weekend! So, does this mean the pool is officially closed now?