Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wait...what day is it?!?!?

OK - I'm not going to lie...being out of work has COMPLETELY screwed me up. Thank God for my iPhone and the fact that it has the day of the week and today's date right one the 'home' screen, or I'd be screwed.

So, I've been out of work exactly 4 weeks today, and this was supposed to be my first day back. However, since it's a Thursday before a long weekend, and Zachary has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, I decided to go back to work on Tuesday.

It's certainly going to be a rough adjustment, but I'm pretty sure I'll be OK. The hardest part about going back isn't going to be leaving him (he's going to be with our sister-in-law who runs a daycare out of her house, 5 minutes down the road from us) but the fact that I'm going back to the job that I don't really love. :-)
I haven't missed the work one, tiny, bit. My co-workers? Sure. But that's about it!

Many of you have requested pictures, but unfortunately at this time, we're not allowed to publicly post any pictures of him. Once all is said and done, and he's 'officially' ours, we can post whatever we want, but until then, we have to follow the rules.
I'll post what I can, and you'll just have to wait for the rest. Trust me though, he's REALLY cute.
I know...every parent thinks their child is cute, but seriously....he's pretty darn adorable.

I hope all of you are well, and I'll be posting with more regularity come Tuesday!
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!
xoxo







Come on....you KNEW there would be a picture of Scooter, didn't you?!?!?



"Home Is Where Your Story Begins"

6 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

You put such a huge smile on my face...

Blobby said...

I'm so happy for you guys. He's going to be one lucky boy.

....and you know that I'd say it, but Scooter...oh man, he needs his own blog. Pictures will be fine. I don't need to know this thoughts on anything. :)

Ur-spo said...

I too am pleased as punch for you.

Jim said...

I bet that it'll be difficult to go back to work! I'm sure you & Jim are taking a million pictures and can hardly wait to share them.

cb said...

I hope poor Scooter hasn't been left out what with the new baby and all. :-(

Will said...

I raised my two adopted Korean daughters as a single gay dad and it was the great experience of my life. My best wishes to you for much joy and happiness in the coming years!